Friday, February 13, 2009

Marriage and God's Love

Olivia's cake. It's one from a box, but she did everything by herself.
Newly hatched baby chicks. It's so fun watching them hatch!

Olivia and our good ol' milk goat. She loves that goat and gives her lots of love.

As I see marriages succeed and marriages fail, I've really been thinking about what a marriage is and what a marriage mirrors. If Jesus is going to be the groom and the church the bride, then he obviously made marriage very special. I think a marriage should mirror what it will be. I really want God to show me what marriage really should be. I think I have a good solid marriage, but is it everything God intended it to be, probably not. That's the wonderful thing about God, he loves us so much, enough to listen to our prayers and to answer. I'm ready to experience marriage to it's fullest and I'm excited to see what God teaches me!




Another thing I've been thinking about is that I love Gardening. I love watching little seeds grow into seedlings and then into wonderful plants that produce fruit. The funny thing that I realized is that God meant it to be a curse for Adam, to work the soil and to sweat. When God created Adam and Eve in the Garden, they did not have to work for their food, it was just there. My point is that even though tilling the soil and sweating and working was in fact a curse, God loved us so much that he also knew that it would be a blessing to us! Isn't our Father an incredible God of Love and Mercy and all things good!!

"When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him?and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and hnour.
O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!"
Psalms 8:3-5 and 9

5 comments:

jana said...

Cute girls! I really like your post on marriage. Henry and I talk alot about making our marriage strong and happy. We have friends who constantly cut each other down infront of others and don't really like to spend time together. It is soo sad to se that. I know we haven't been married all that long, but i vow to never have that kind of relationship with him. Hope you had a good weekend. Coupons tomorrow!!(love the Sunday paper)

JBailey said...

Awesome picture!! Love it! I love what you said about marriage... we actually went to a marriage conference this weekend and it was incredible. http://marriagetoday.org . Guess what else... my parents went, hallelujah. We took them out to lunch and then gave them Fireproof to watch! Please pray with us that God seals this weekend in their hearts as a turning point forever! :)

I love you, and I'm glad you're my cousin! :) I also like gardening, but I'm definitely not good at it.... yet! :) You look like a pro from what I have seen and heard about your garden.

jana said...

Where did you get the JCP coupons? In the paper? I'll have to double check mine. I didn't even get grocery coupons today. Bummer.

Jana said...

Brooke & Blaine enjoyed seeing your pictures of the girls and the goat. I don't think my kids realized milk can come from goats too. Our friends have some but they are all black. The kids have been helping gather eggs- they have one hen that lays her eggs in the horse feeder. You'll always find one or two in there! I love exposing my kids to this, there is so much they can learn. Have a great week!

The Pennington Point said...

Great thoughts on marriage. After 23 years together, my husband and I are more in love than ever. That's the way it's supposed to be.

Love the goat pictures. What kinds of goats do you have? Lisa~