Thursday, October 15, 2009

Busy, busy great months

David's Aunt Winnie From Scotland and the girls with their outfits that she brought them, they had to change right away and I believe they wanted to sleep in them!


Olivia and cousin Asia buried in the sand by Uncle Matt when we went camping at Lake Texoma with my family this summer.


Sitting in rocking chairs outside Cracker Barrel. David thinks Caroline's smile is hillarious, which it is, but I will be glad when she remembers how to smile again!!! Poor little thing!


We've had quit a busy late summer and early fall. Two of David's cousins and their families came and we had a big party for one of David's Uncles that left to work in an orphanage in Mexico. He is 71 and has had a dream of going there since he was 18. It was a wonderful time to be with the whole family and celebrate this new adventure with him.
Then David's Aunt and Uncle from Scotland were visiting from Scotland. We have such a great time with them. His Uncle reminds me so much of David. We also went with David's parents and his Scotland Aunt and Uncle to visit David's youngest brother in Abilene. We had such a great time there. David's brother (Jonathan and wife Teresa) work out a boy's ranch there. We went to see prarie dogs, went to a really neat museum and went to an old historic town.
I've also got to spend some time with different friends from high school. It has really been a great few months of fellowshiping with family and old friends.
School has been going well. I am extremely laid back with it and I'm (finally) okay with that. The kids (and I) have been learning a lot. God is faithful to show us new things in life and in his word. I have learned to really try and ask God to help me live out the verse "A soft answer turns away wrath, but grevious words stir up anger" Prov. 15:1. The kids have also learned that verse and it has really helped.
I will try to be a better blogger from now on! I miss everyone when I don't check your blogs!



2 comments:

JBailey said...

Lacy... you're back!!!! You are doing much better than me. It's so hard to sit down sometimes. I have loved reading about your summer and early fall. The girls are getting bigger and bigger. :)

Love you, cuz!

The Pennington Point said...

It's so good to hear from you again. You have really been doing a lot. Will things settle down a bit now? Lisa~