Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hello Again







Hi everybody!! I guess I have gotten a little sidetracked over the last couple of months! Here's some of the things we've been up to:
In June, my best friend through a princess party for her little girl. She made Olivia and Caroline each a princess dress of their choice. Olivia was Bell and Caroline was Sleeping Beauty. Olivia is pictured with Cinderella in the top picture, Caroline was uncooperative, so you'll see no picture of her!
This summer we have also been very busy in our garden. The 2nd picture is of 1 picking from our corn garden. I believe we picked at least one other wagon full maybe more. We dug up our new potatoes a couple of days ago. They are so fun to dig up, the kids had a great time finding them.
The other thing we have been doing is swimming! It is really hot! here in south Texas, so it is a huge blessing to live on the River, even though it is quite low. Caroline is swimming under water very well! She is 3 1/2 so it is a hoot to see her swim in the river like a little fish. Olivia is also swimming some. They improve everyday! I almost forgot, Caroline wanted to jump of "Big Rock" ( Which is a rock in the middle of the river where my mom used to live. It's probably at least 20ft high). We climbed up the rock together, she got a little scared, but I grabbed her and jumped!!!! She says she wants to do it again, so that means it was not too scarey!!!

3 comments:

Jerilynn said...

Hi Lacy - glad to see an update. Loved the princesses and the garden haul! I am jealous. I would love to have a garden...but lack the patience and dedication it takes to water etc. Glad you all are having a great summer.

The Pennington Point said...

So glad you're back! Cute little princesses you have. :) Lisa~

JBailey said...

Looks like you guys have been having fun.. I really need to update everyone too.. it's like we fell off the wagon or something. :)

love you, cuz!