Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Island Pear Pie



This is a recipe that I completely made up. It was invented because the kids had gone over to their Uncle's house and pick a bunch of pears. Caroline decided she wanted us to make pear soup. At first I said "Ugghh," I don't know how, then I remember we had some canned coconut milk and we could try. After we made the "soup" (consistency of pudding), I thought it might make a good pie filling.

Here's the recipe (kind of):
9 (+ -) pears, boiled until soft, then cored and chopped small
1 can coconut milk
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup raisins
3 cinnamon sticks
1/4 cup cocunut
Put all ingredients in a pan and heat on low to medium for about 30 minutes.
Add to a frozen pie shell and follow the steps on the package for putting another pie crust on top (which I messed up and didn't do), then bake according to directions.

3 comments:

Jerilynn said...

This sounds really good and tropical! That top crusts makes me crave pie BAD!

Cindy said...

Stop it!! Where did you get this abillity? - probably from Aunt Linda- you make me look really bad- Ha Ha

Jerilynn said...

Lacy - I tagged you. Ü Check out my blog for details.