Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Oh Smelly Day - We got Skunked




I was minding my own business washing laundry last night when I spotted him. I ran in to tell David my skunk was here. He ran outside and blasted him at least 5 times. The skunk was still wandering around. David ran out of ammo so he ran in to get another gun. I was supposed to stay there, evidently, and watch to see where the skunk went. I heard him coming my way, so I ran back closer to the house. We looked for that sucker for 30 minutes with the flashlight and could not find that sucker! Well, we smelled him and smelled this morining until David found him under our deck. Of course he wasn't at the edge so we could easily retrieve it. That stupid thing was in the middle. David got a long board and I looked under the deck and would tell him which way to go until he would find the skunk with the board. He pushed and pushed until the skunk fell off the cliff, 35 feet. Well, now we know he's dead!!

5 comments:

Jerilynn said...

Woo Hoo! David made his blog debut. I just had to make a little "stink" about it! Ü

JBailey said...

haha.. Jerilynn (goober). Oh, the adventures of the Rogers family!

Faith said...

What a life we lead!!

Jerilynn said...

Lacy - could you and your mom pop over to my blog and leave a message for Nanny and Papa today. my blog explains it. Thanks so much - Jer

jana said...

You must live in the country! We have skunks everywhere. Had 2 in the front yard a couple of weeks ago. We also see the no so lucky ones all over the road. eeeeeeee