Friday, March 20, 2009

Life as me

Today I was in a real hurry to do all my farm chores so I could go garage selling. I moved the pony out of the goat pen, tied her up and fed her. Then I run get hay for the goats and fill the bucket with fed, push the goats out of the way so I can get in the gate. My lovely milk goat plows right into my thigh with her hard head. I don't know if you've been dead-legged before, but that's what it felt like. After feeding her and getting the other goats off of me and out of the feed bucket, I manage to feed them. I look down and see that I have mud on my jeans and sweater. Crap, I say realizing that I have nothing to change into. I finally have a peaceful moment while milking the goat. I look into the garden and see a stinking rabbit in the there. Then I realize that that rabbit looks a whole lot like the rabbit that we have. I could see her cage where I was standing and it was of course empty! This really irritated me because I had worked and worked on her cage putting on a new latch so the door would open easier. Well, obviously I had succeded in having in open easier! I think this story is a true glimpse in the life of me! Very exciting, lots of work, trying to only use the word "crap" and not the other naughty words I think may come out of me mouth! I actually do like, life as me!

5 comments:

Jerilynn said...

Soemtimes it is ok to use words other than crap...as long as no one hears them.
You have to telkl me if you like the cinnamon rolls - my sister also thought they were delicious. Did you half the recipe? If you didn't...look out you are fixing to have a boat load of rolls. The great thing is that you can freeze the dough. I did not use her icing recipe. I just made a regular butter cream icing (like I made for my sugar cookies) but, I bet her icing is yummy. Let us know how they turn out.

The Pennington Point said...

Farm life's not the dreamy life you thought it would be? LOL! I know where you are comin' from sister! :) Lisa~

JBailey said...

i can imagine it now... hahahhaha..

jana said...

ONE QUESTION! Did you go garage sellin'? lol You have a busy life girl, and I must say you are a jack of all trades. My mom is one too. I wish I had gotten that trait. She, like you, can fix and do just about anything. Have a good day.

Cindy said...

LOL - (I hope that means what I think it means) No, just kidding - I really do know what it means, Lacy! You make me laugh so much. One of the funniest things that happened when I was visiting was when the neighbors pig came over and was rooting in your yard. You got a switch and started chasing it , then it started chasing you!!The neighbor Leza that owns it came over in her housedress with chocolate chip cookies for the pig. I can't remember the pig's name but she called to the pig and gave her cookies and pig followed her home. I have pics of the event, but only a video would capture the hilariousness (word?) of it all. Love ya, and still LOL, Mom