Yesterday we went to the Alpaca Farm. Olivia really wanted to see them spin the fiber into yarn and weave it. They didn't have that last year, so I did not think they would have it this year and told her so. Well, lo and behold they did! We also got to pet the animals this year. The first picture is of a man carding the wool. One women is spinning the fiber (in the picture with Olivia) and another woman is weaving. I had no idea that they make new spinning wheels and weavers, but they do. In Boerne they even have a fiber fair called Kid and Ewe and Llama too(isn't that cute), in November (can't wait to take Olivia to that!). She is really interested in how things are made. I love homeschooling!
We belong in a different century, don't we?!

4 comments:
haha... yes, y'all definitely belong in a different century! :) but i'm glad you're in this one.
love this post - I think you remind us all to be thankful for the simple things and to see the beauty in nature.By the way, Cambry's soccer team is called the THUNDERING ALPACAS Ha Ha! Try yelling that from the sidelines.
Lacy, this is so neat!! You are such a good mom and I agree with Jessica - glad you're in this century!! Tell the girls how proud I am - I know Caroline is learning with you two kinder-gardeners!! Ha Ha I love alpacas anyway - isn't Cambry's soccer team name funny?!! I may post a recipe sometime this week - do not laugh - I can hear you now. Love Mom
oh - that is why I could never homeschool. I couldn't have come within 100 ft. of that ginormous worm!
Post a Comment