Friday, September 26, 2008

What's Cookin'? Chicken n Dumplin's




Here's are Friday night dinner. We love chicken and dumplins! Here's the dumplin' recipe. The rest is easy.

2 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp shortening (I used butter)
2/3 c milk
Mix into dough and roll out thin, cut into squares and boil 5 minutes.

These dumplins are good, but I really prefer using canned bisquits. I should have skimmed the fat off the broth this time. I add some milk with flour into my broth and let it boil. We also like to add carrots and celery to our stalk.

4 comments:

Jerilynn said...

yum - that looks so good. We had homemade nachos for supper and they did NOT hit the spot. Your supper looks so much better!

Faith said...

I don't know, nachos are my favorite!

Cindy said...

Lacy , you are such a good cook and I'm so glad you take the time to let the girls help you in the kitchen.

Faith said...

Thanks Mom! That's why I love this blogging thing, I can show everyone the good, fun parts of my life. No one has to know the rest!