Dear friends and family,
This has been one quick year!! For us this has been a year of change and growth! I think the biggest change of all has been that Caroline is no longer a baby. It is a little bittersweet, but I’d say mostly sweet! No more diapers, sippy cups, and a whole lot less crying and a lot more talking! Caroline is quit the rascal to say the least, she keeps her sister laughing all the time!
Olivia is 5 now and is a very sweet, thoughtful child. We have our emotional crisis every now and then, but mostly life is good! Olivia learned how to ride a two-wheeled bike at the close of this year.
I no longer am secretary of our Church, which is really nice. One less thing to do gives me a little more time with the kids, which I’m always thankful for. I was able to purchase a Nubian milk goat a few days before Christmas. I was so excited to get her, Nubians are evidently hard to come by in these parts. We ended up driving 3 hours to get her. She gives us about 2 quarts of milk a day, which is perfect for our family. I have made some different types of cheese, lots of yogurt, buttermilk and buttermilk quark (which tastes a lot like sour cream). I have not yet made any hard cheeses, but do intend to tackle that soon!
David is busy at work. We have been blessed that he has had plenty of work . Right now he is building a cabin on a park model frame to sell. We’ve always wanted to build a house to sell, but gas went sky high and now the housing market is so slow that we decided to build something more economically.
David and I love gardening and trying to be as self-sufficient as we can. The children also love to garden and they love their goats. I love our simple life together!
This coming year seems to hold lots of unexpected things. I guess every year does. We just have to trust in God to get us through and put one foot in front of the other and do as God directs. We hope you have a wonderful 2009! We hope this year brings bountiful blessings and great joys! We love you all and look forward to seeing you soon!
With Much Love,
The Rogers
This has been one quick year!! For us this has been a year of change and growth! I think the biggest change of all has been that Caroline is no longer a baby. It is a little bittersweet, but I’d say mostly sweet! No more diapers, sippy cups, and a whole lot less crying and a lot more talking! Caroline is quit the rascal to say the least, she keeps her sister laughing all the time!
Olivia is 5 now and is a very sweet, thoughtful child. We have our emotional crisis every now and then, but mostly life is good! Olivia learned how to ride a two-wheeled bike at the close of this year.
I no longer am secretary of our Church, which is really nice. One less thing to do gives me a little more time with the kids, which I’m always thankful for. I was able to purchase a Nubian milk goat a few days before Christmas. I was so excited to get her, Nubians are evidently hard to come by in these parts. We ended up driving 3 hours to get her. She gives us about 2 quarts of milk a day, which is perfect for our family. I have made some different types of cheese, lots of yogurt, buttermilk and buttermilk quark (which tastes a lot like sour cream). I have not yet made any hard cheeses, but do intend to tackle that soon!
David is busy at work. We have been blessed that he has had plenty of work . Right now he is building a cabin on a park model frame to sell. We’ve always wanted to build a house to sell, but gas went sky high and now the housing market is so slow that we decided to build something more economically.
David and I love gardening and trying to be as self-sufficient as we can. The children also love to garden and they love their goats. I love our simple life together!
This coming year seems to hold lots of unexpected things. I guess every year does. We just have to trust in God to get us through and put one foot in front of the other and do as God directs. We hope you have a wonderful 2009! We hope this year brings bountiful blessings and great joys! We love you all and look forward to seeing you soon!
With Much Love,
The Rogers

3 comments:
Happy New Year- I love reading your blog. You have some seriously funny posts and some of the sweetest posts about your family. Glad your family is doing well.
I love you, Lacy!! I hope to see you and the fam soon!
Happy New Year, sweet girl of mine! Can't wait for ya'll to come see us and you can fix my blog!! I forgot how to do everything!! Love to my baby girls and your sweet hubby, too - Mom
Post a Comment